Erin focuses on associate, counsel, and partner placements in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. She also places attorneys in-house.
Prior to joining Garrison & Sisson, Erin had a successful career in BigLaw, having practiced for twelve years in DC as a litigator at Paul Hastings, as well as at Three Crowns, a high-end international arbitration boutique. Erin litigated more than a dozen cases that went to trial, settled on the courthouse steps, or had an arbitral hearing before panels seated in the U.S. and around the world.
With the benefit of this background, Erin applies her deep experience in and knowledge of the Washington, DC legal market to facilitate successful placements. She works across all practice areas and has successfully placed attorneys in coveted practice groups at numerous AmLaw 100 firms. The attorneys and employers with whom Erin works trust in her because she “is relatable,” “has instant credibility,” and “knows what she is talking about.”
- “Erin helped me pursue an opportunity that I never would have been aware of were it not for her and her team. She knew the market extremely well, and was able to position me perfectly even when the details of the opportunity were still evolving. The end result is that I made the jump from a good position to a great one, and I now have a fantastic long-term platform from which to continue building and growing my practice.” (Government Contracts)
- “I loved working with Erin during my lateral process. She was fantastic! She placed me at my dream firm (quickly) and I’ve been very happy at my new position. I would recommend Erin to anyone in this profession looking to make a change.” (National Security)
- “Thank you for all of your guidance. I am really enjoying my new firm – this is exactly the type of work I was looking for!” (CFIUS/OFAC)
- “Working with Erin is a pleasure. She has her pulse on the lateral market and maintains close relationships with the key decision makers at many DC firms. Notably, Erin has a keen understanding of the privacy and data security legal market. Her knowledge base prepared me for interviews and allowed me to land a job at a top-caliber practice group. I cannot sing her praises enough.” (Privacy/Cyber)
- “Working with Erin was a fantastic
experience. Her warm and thorough approach was exemplary – from interview
coaching to providing specific insight into each interviewer, Erin went above
and beyond to make sure I was completely prepared for my interviews.
Endlessly upbeat and responsive, Erin also consistently highlighted important
issues before I anticipated them. Simply put, to work with Erin is to set
yourself up to take your best shot at the next step in your career. She has my highest recommendation.” (FCPA/Investigations)
- “Leveraging her market insight and working tirelessly on my behalf, Erin immediately got me several interviews I would not have gotten without her. She coached me through each with targeted advice on interview styles, my interviewers’ backgrounds, and ways to highlight my own experience. She negotiated competing interview and offer deadlines with grace. Through it all, she was unfailingly responsive and pleasant. I cannot recommend her highly enough.” (Government Contracts/Construction Litigation)
attention Erin paid to every aspect of my lateral move, from reviewing my resume so that it told a compelling story to continuing to make herself
available for post-offer questions, allowed me to comfortably navigate the
process and, ultimately, receive an offer from my first choice firm. She
will be my first and only recommendation for associates looking for new
opportunities.” (Project Finance)
- “Erin was integral in helping me target firms and achieve my goal of finding a specialized litigation practice that fit my background and interests. She provided invaluable insight and advice during every step of the process -- from updating my resume, to conducting a mock interview, to managing the interview and, later, the offer process. She was never pushy, and I always felt like she had my best interests at heart. I would recommend her to anyone looking to make a move.” (Litigation – Communications)
Education: Erin earned her J.D. from Washington University in St. Louis, where she was a member of the Washington University Law Quarterly law review. She received her B.S. from the University of Maryland at College Park, graduating magna cum laude with double degrees in International Business and Logistics & Transportation. Erin also minored in Portuguese and Spanish, as well as performed coursework at the University of Fortaleza in Brazil.
Outside Interests: Erin is a native of the DC area – born and raised in Annapolis, Maryland, but now a long-term resident of DC’s Cleveland Park neighborhood. In her free time, she enjoys the traditional crab feast, cheering (loudly) for her boys at their little league baseball games, and traveling. She is also a board member of the Rosedale Conservancy, a non-profit dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of Cleveland Park’s village green, and the Hawaii International HOPE Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to community development efforts in impoverished areas of Southeast Asia.