As an attorney exploring in-house counsel roles, it's crucial that you can translate a legal framework into assertive business guidance. Ideally, you're growth minded, and adept at thinking commercially and collaboratively.
Below are candidate qualifications we seek:
Current Law Firm Attorneys
- At least 3 years’
experience at an AMLAW Top 200 firm or highly regarded boutique.
- Ideally, trained as a corporate transactional attorney or regulatory specialist.
- Litigators should be sub-specialized (e.g., patent, government contracts, employment, etc.).
- Appreciation of the general nuances of practicing as inside counsel.
- Experience in a secondment.
Current In-House Attorneys
- At least 3 years of legal practice experience.
- For senior positions, candidates should have a combination of in-house experience, substantive law firm training, prior management of other lawyers and/or legal support professionals, and, ideally, relevant industry experience.
Current Government Attorneys
- Between 4 and 8 years of legal experience.
- Ideally, previously practiced in law firm setting with specialized regulatory expertise (e.g., securities, healthcare, government contracts, FDA, etc.).